Eligibility Criteria for Open Merit & Self-Finance:
- Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Science) Pre-Medical
group annual examination 2016 and have secured at least 60%
- Candidates who have passed 2016 “A” Level & 12th Grade examination (American School) with Biology, Physics and Chemistry from Karachi Center provided equivalence certificate of 60% marks is obtained according to formula laid down by the I.B.C.C, Islamabad. They will also have to obtain equivalence for “O” Level or 10th Grade from I.B.C.C, Islamabad.
- The equivalence certificate of such candidates will not be accepted if he / she has not studied and passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in his / her 11th 12th Grade “O” level & “A” Level examination.
- Candidates should have passed last two examinations (Matriculation & Intermediate, “O” & “A” Level and 10th & 12th Grade) from Karachi Center / Board. Candidates having passed SSC/HSC (Pre-medical Group) the above mentioned examinations at the centers located outside Pakistan through Federal Board, Islamabad will be accepted.
- The candidates who have appeared in the Intermediate Science (Pre-medical Group) examination 2016 for an improvement are eligible to apply only if they have improved the grade / percentage of marks. The proof that effect is mandatory and 5 marks will be deducted for each attempt.
- Domicile & P.R.C of Karachi.
- If the candidate’s parents are Government employee and the
candidate has passed his /her any one examination other than Karachi
Board he/she will be eligible provided his/her parent’s deputation
letter from the respective department’s obtained.
- Written aptitude test will be held to select the candidates. The test will
consist of MCQ’s from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English at
par to H.SC examination.
- The weight-age of marks of determination of merit will be calculated
Admission test 50% H.S.C. 40% S.S.C. 10%
Eligibility Criteria for Foreigner / Overseas Pakistanis:
- The candidate should have passed Matric / ’O’ Level Equivalent examination from an institution outside Pakistan.
- The candidate should have passed Intermediate (Science) ‘A’ level / Equivalent examination from an institution outside Pakistan. The candidate must have passed Biology, Chemistry & Physics in ‘A’ level/ equivalence examination.
- The candidate should have I.B.C.C equivalence certificate, if examination passed are other than Matric and Intermediate (Science) OR they have to submit SAT- II (Science subjects) with score of Min 550.
- Those Pakistan national students and foreigners who have obtained the required qualification for the admission test from abroad shall be eligible for admission on the foreign seats and shall either have to appear in the admission test or present the university requisite SAT II score (550).
- The students who are residing abroad or who have achieved their qualifications required for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible to appear in test if they have passed three science subjects Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- The candidates having minimum SAT II score of 550 marks shall be exempted from the entry test and shall be required to appear only in the interview. TOEFL or IELT score of 500 or 5.5 shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualification from those institutions where the medium of instructions for these qualifications is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certificate by NUMAL Islamabad after a one year English language course.
- If the candidate have passed above mentioned examinations from Pakistan but his/her father/guardian is working abroad (Documentary proof is needed). Father’s/Guardian’s CNIC from NADRA issued as Overseas Pakistani. He/she can apply as an overseas candidate.
- The selection and merit criteria for overseas candidates will be the marks of I.B.C.C equivalence or SAT-II score (Equated with I.B.C.C formula).
- After verification of documents and allocations of seat, bank draft amounting to 12,000 US$ (Twelve Thousand United States Dollars) for Foreigners & 6,500 (Six Thousand Five Hundred United States Dollars) for Overseas in favour of Karachi Medical & Dental College is to be submitted along with the original documents as fee of first year.
Documents to be submitted at KM&DC with Hard Copy / Print Out of Admission Form uploaded on the web site of NTS.
Please arrange documents in following sequences:
- National identity Card from NADRA of Karachi with Permanent address of Karachi. If he /she is above 18 years.
- If he/she below 18 years Form-B is essential.
- CNIC of Father issued from NADRA with permanent address of Karachi.
- HSC/A-Levels Marks Sheet.
- Previous HSC Marks Sheet ( in case of Improvement).
- S SC. Marks Sheet.
- Candidate’s Domicile & PRC of Karachi.
- Father’s Domicile of Karachi.
- The Domicile certificate of mother (Karachi) shell only be accepted in case where father has expired (and no domicile certificate was issued to him or there has been re-marriage/ Separation, for which valid documents will be need it.
- In case candidate has passed any one examination SSC/HSC other than Karachi Board, he /she will have to produce deputation letter of the respective department of parents (the condition applicable for those students whose parents are Government employees).
- Acknowledgement receipt of documents submitted in any other institution for the admission purpose.
- Four recent passport size photograph (with light color dress and back ground) attested from the back.
- Undertaking regarding original documents on stamp paper (Rs.100/=) duly attested by oath commissioner.
- Candidates who have passed 2016 A-Level & 12th Grade Examination ( American School with Biology, Physics and Chemistry from Karachi centre may apply, provided equivalence certificate unadjusted 60% Marks is obtain according to formula laid down by Inter Board Chairman Committee( IBCC).
- Maximum four years gap between Metric to Intermediate will be accepted.
- Only consolidated Marks Sheet intermediate will be accepted in case of examination passed from Pre-Engineering Group with additional subject of Biology.
- No Marks Sheet weather original or revised will be accepted after 1:00 P.M.15th October, 2016.
- Receipts of submitting any pertinent documents including CNIC, Domicile, PRC, or certificates etc shall not be accepted.
- Attested copies of documents will be accepted.
- Two self addressed Pakistan Post envelopes 4.5” x 8.5”.
Specimen of Undertaking
A F F I D A V I T
hereby stated that I will produce & submit my all original documents as and when will be required within the stipulated time period given by K M & D C Admission. In case I fail to do so, I may not be considered for the admission in Karachi Medical & Dental College.